Truck Toll in New York NYC
Click on the map to open toll wiki for a country/state
Toll charges for trucks on New York toll bridges, tunnels, and NY Thruway vary depending on no. of axles on the truck, time of travel (peak/off-peak), mode of payment, and direction of travel on certain bridges and tunnels.
Refer to Toll rates for New York toll bridges, tunnels, and NY Thruway for details on which toll bridges and tunnels in New York are one-way or both ways.
5-axle truck toll in New York NYC
Following are the toll prices for 5-axle trucks on New York City bridges & tunnels when paying tolls by E-ZPass/Toll-by-Mail (2-axle passenger vehicle toll rates are shown in a different table).
*Truck toll rates for New York bridges and tunnels effective from April 11, 2021.
|New York Bridge, Tunnel||E-ZPass Toll Rate||Toll-by-Mail Toll Rate|
|George Washington Bridge||$95.00 *Peak|
|Tappan Zee / Mario M. Cuomo Bridge||$55.77 *Peak|
|Bayonne Bridge||$95.00 *Peak|
|The Bronx–Whitestone Bridge||$55.05||$55.05|
|Cross Bay Veterans Memorial Bridge||$27.53||$27.53|
|Goethals Bridge||$95.00 *Peak|
|Holland Tunnel||$95.00 *Peak|
|Hugh L Carey Tunnel (Brooklyn Battery Tunnel)||$55.05||$55.05|
|Lincoln Tunnel||$95.00 *Peak|
|Marine Parkway (Gil Hodges Memorial Bridge)||$27.53||$27.53|
|Outerbridge Crossing||$95.00 *Peak|
|Whirlpool Rapids Bridge||$28.50||–|
|Robert F Kennedy Bridge (Triborough Bridge)||$55.05||$55.05|
|Throgs Neck Bridge||$55.05||$55.05|
|Thousand Islands Bridge||$12.00||–|
|Henry Hudson Bridge||Trucks not allowed||Trucks not allowed|
|Atlantic Beach Toll Bridge||Trucks not allowed||Trucks not allowed|
|Ogdensburg-Prescott Bridge||Trucks not allowed||Trucks not allowed|
|Whiteface Mountain Vet. Memorial Highway||5-axles truck|
|Prospect Mountain Vet. Memorial Highway||5-axles truck|
|Bear Mountain Bridge||$12.25||–|
|Rip Van Winkle Bridge||$12.25||–|
*Peak hours are weekdays 6 AM – 10 AM and 4 PM – 10 PM. **Overnight hours are weekdays 10 PM – 6 AM and Sunday 11 PM – 6 AM.
- Whiteface Mountain Veteran Memorial Highway: Trucks of only 2-axles are allowed with a toll payment of $20 in cash.
- Prospect Mountain Veteran Memorial Highway: Trucks of only 2-axles are allowed with a toll payment of $10 in cash.
The toll for trucks in New York can be paid by E-ZPass on all bridges and tunnels including Verrazano bridge, Geroge Washinton bridge and Tappan Zee bridge. Truck tolls can also be paid by Toll-by-Mail on most of the NY bridges and tunnels.
Cash payment for tolls is not accepted on any of the New York City bridges and tunnels.
How are tolls calculated for trucks in New York
TollGuru toll calculator calculates tolls for trucks based on the number of axles.
- Trucks pay tolls based on number of axles on Atlantic Beach Toll Bridge, Ogdensburg-Prescott Bridge, Lewston-Queenston Bridge, Whirlpool Rapids Bridge, Rainbow Bridge, Peace Bridge, Thousand Islands Bridge, Seaway International (Cornwall-Massena) Bridge.
- Trucks pay tolls based on number of axles on New York State Bridge Authority bridges: Bear Mountain Bridge, Kingston-Rhinecliff Bridge, Mid-Hudson, Newburgh-Beacon Bridge, and Rip Van Winkle Bridge.
- Trucks pay tolls based on number of axles on MTA Bridges and Tunnels: The Bronx–Whitestone Bridge, Throgs Neck Bridge, Triborough (Robert F. Kennedy) Bridge, Hugh L Carey (Brooklyn–Battery Tunnel), Queens Midtown Tunnel, Verrazano-Narrows Bridge, Henry Hudson Bridge, Cross Bay Veterans Memorial Bridge, Marine Parkway-Gil Hodges Memorial Bridge.
- Trucks pay tolls based on number of axles on New York Thruway fixed barriers: New Rochelle Toll Barrier, Yonkers Toll Barrier, Tappan Zee Bridge Toll Barrier, Spring Valley Toll Barrier, North Grand Island Bridge – Niagara Toll Barrier, and South Grand Island Bridge – Tonawanda Toll Barrier and on the New York thruway ticket system.
Trucks do not usually travel on Whiteface Mountain Veterans Memorial Highway.
Calculate truck toll for New York Toll
You could use NY Truck Toll Calculator to calculate tolls, fuel costs, and routes for trucks for travel on toll bridges, tunnels, and NY Thruway in New York and nearby states. It also shows the cheapest, the fastest, and other optimal routes to your destination along with toll plaza(s) location en route, payment methods, and more.
Trucking, logistics, TMS, rideshare, OEM, fleet companies, and other transport businesses can leverage toll intelligence by integrating with the TollGuru Toll API for pre-trip cost estimation and post-trip toll reconciliation in the New York area and the rest of the US.