Click on the map to open toll wiki for a country/state
What is Sydney Pass
A Sydney pass covers Sydney toll roads such as Sydney Harbour Bridge, Sydney Harbour Tunnel, NorthConnex, Cross City Tunnel, Eastern Distributor, Hills M2, Lane Cove Tunnel, Military Road E-Ramps, M5 East, M5 South-West Motorway, WestConnex M4, WestConnex M8 and Westlink M7. It also covers other toll roads in Australia including Melbourne and Brisbane toll roads.
How to get a Sydney pass
Here is how you could get and use a Sydney pass
- Open an online Sydney pass account.
- It covers up to 5 days after you have travelled.
- Pay a low start-up fee of $1.50
- Add at least one vehicle by providing your licence plate number (you can add more as many vehicles as you want after the initial set up).
- A $0.75 vehicle matching fee per trip is to be paid
- Credit Card auto debited every $10 of travel without any hassles
Please note TPI or DVA card holders can only have one tag and one vehicle on an account.
When should I buy a Tag or Pass for Sydney Toll Roads
Receiving a toll notice for your travel is more expensive than your actual toll. Thus you should: Before travel:
- Open a tag account or tagless account if you are a regular traveller, or
- Get a Sydney pass if you are a visitor
- A tag and tagless account within 10 days of actual travel
- A Sydney pass which covers up to 5 days
Tag and tagless account
Here are easy ways to pay tolls in Sydney
What is a toll road tag account
An easy way to pay tolls in Sydney is to use an electronic device called tag to pay tolls. For regular travellers this is an efficient way to reduce toll fees and charges. A Tag account is a prepaid account and can be manually or auto topped up from a credit card or bank account. Here is how you can set up a tag account.
- Buy the tag from one of the providers online such as Linkt, Transurban, E-way or Roam. It will take 3 business days to receive the tag.
- You could alternatively also buy the tag from a physical store such as petrol stations or 7-Eleven, to immediately start using your tag.
- Start you tag with a pre-paid balance and then choose between manual or automatic payments for the top ups.
- A small monthly fee is charged for the tag( depending on the tag provider)
- Attach the tag to your vehicle window behind the rear-view mirror and you are set to go.
- Drive through the toll points on the motorway and the tag deduct the toll amount from your account.
Use the tag account on any toll road in Australia. A separate toll tag is not required when you travel to another state or city. A Tag account can cover trips made up to 10 days ago on all toll roads in New South Wales except for the Sydney Harbour Bridge & Sydney Harbour Tunnel.
What is a toll road tagless account
An easy way to travel on Sydney’s toll roads is to use a Tagless account. It works similar to a Tag account. The difference is that a Tagless account is a postpaid account that auto-debits your linked credit card with the toll charges once a day after you have travelled.
In a tagless account, tolls are charged to your account by taking a photo of your license plate number as you pass through a toll point . This is later checked against the vehicles registered to your account. A vehicle matching fee is additionally charged with respect to this
To open a tagless account for Sydney’s toll roads you have to:
- Open an account with any of the providers online
- Provide your licence plate number
- Pay a start-up fee of $1.50 and your card is good to go
- Toll amount charged at the end of the day
The tagless account can cover trips made up to 10 days on all toll roads in New South Wales except for the Sydney Harbour Bridge & Sydney Harbour Tunnel.
Toll charges are the same whether you have a Tag, Tagless account or Commercial account. However, a Commercial account has different account admin fees.
Sydney Toll Calculator
The Sydney Toll Calculator calculates tolls for all toll motorways, roads, bridges and tunnels in Australia for cars, trucks, buses heavy vehicles, light commercial vehicles and motorcycles for peak and off-peak hours.
Rideshare, OEM, TMS, fleet companies and other transport businesses can leverage toll intelligence by integrating with the TollGuru Toll API for pre-trip calculation and post-trip reconciliation.