Illinois Tollway, Toll Roads and Bridges
Click on the map to open toll wiki for a country/state
Illinois toll roads
Illinois Tollway includes the following toll roads.
- Jane Addams Memorial Tollway runs along I-90 from South Beloit to O’Hare Airport.
- The Tri-State Tollway follows I-294 from South Holland at I-80/I-94 Northbrook; and I-94 from Northbrook to the Wisconsin state line at Newport Township.
- Ronald Reagan Memorial Tollway is I-88 near Silvis and Moline to an interchange with I-290 and I-294 in Hillside, near Chicago. The highway also runs through the cities of Aurora, Naperville, DeKalb, and Dixon.
- Veterans Memorial Tollway (I-355) runs from I-80 in New Lenox north to I-290 in Itasca for 32.5 miles.
- Elgin-O’Hare Tollway (IL 390) connects US-20 in Hanover Park to I-290 and Thorndale Avenue in Itasca. It borders Schaumburg and Roselle. It is currently being expanded from I-290 to the western edge of O’Hare International Airport.
Illionis toll bridges
- Chicago Skyway Toll Bridge connects the Indiana Toll Road to the Dan Ryan expressway on Chicago’s South Side. The High Bridge, a distinguishing feature of the Chicago Skyway, spans the Calumet River and Calumet Harbor. Two-axle vehicles pay $5.90 tolls during peak and off-peak times. For all other vehicles toll charges vary for peak and off-peak time. Detailed toll rates for all the vehicles are listed here.
- The Fort Madison Toll Bridge is swinging truss bridge over the Mississippi River that connects Fort Madison, Iowa and Niota, Illinois. Rail traffic occupies the lower deck of the bridge, while two lanes of road traffic occupy the upper deck. The bridge is closed to semi-truck traffic. 2-axle passenger vehicles pay $2 toll eastbound only. No toll is collected westbound.
- Wabash Cannon Ball Bridge is truss bridge over Wabash River on TR 257 northeast of St. Francisville. It is open to one-lane traffic, with a tollbooth in St. Francisville. 2-axle passenger vehicles pay $2 toll to cross the bridge in either direction.
Illinois toll calculator calculates tolls and gas expenses for cars, trucks, trailers, buses, RVs, and motorcycles for all Illinois toll roads. The tolls are for both peaks and off-peaks, at the time of your travel.
Toll rates on this page might not be updated recently. Please refer to our toll & trip calculators and the Toll API for latest toll rates. Please send us a feedback if toll rates are not accurate. We will update the information immediately.
How to pay toll in Illionis
You can pay tolls on Illinois Tollway roads using an electronic I-PASS tag or with Cash. Check out the various toll payment methods to pay toll in Illionis.
How are tolls calculated for trucks in Illinois
Trucks pay tolls on Illinois Tollway based on whether they are qualified as small, medium, or large trucks. TollGuru toll calculator uses the following table to match vehicle type with Illinois Tollway truck type.
|TollGuru Vehicle Type||Illinois Tollway truck type||Description|
|Truck 2-axles||Small Truck||Single unit 2-axle truck|
|Truck 3-axles||Medium Truck||3 and 4 axles vehicle or combination|
|Truck 4-axles||Medium Truck||3 and 4 axles vehicle or combination|
|Truck 5-axles||Large Truck||5+ axles vehicle or combination|
|Truck 6-axles||Large Truck||5+ axles vehicle or combination|
Chicago Skyway Toll Bridge charges trucks based on number of axles. You can calculate the Toll and gas price of your truck at Chicago Skyway toll bridge with the free Illinois truck toll calculator.
How to pay missed toll in Illinois
If an unpaid toll is not paid within 14 days of traveling on Illinois toll roads, the Illinois Tollway mails the customer’s toll invoice. You can pay for toll invoices through the Illinois Tollway Website.
You can also raise an issue over a license plate image or a missed toll when being sent a toll invoice.
Can I Drive Through Illinois Tolls and Pay Later
Illinois Tollway has a pay by plate system of payment to safely and securely pay unpaid tolls when you travel without an I-Pass transponder. To pay unpaid tolls in Illinois enter the vehicle and payment information and the Illinois tollway will tell the cash rate for unpaid tolls. You can only enter the information for pay by plate feature within 10 days of using a toll road. Pay by plate can only be used on the Illinois Tollway and not in Skyway and in other states of the US. It may take up to 30 days for tolls to show on Pay by Plate. For more information on pay by plate visit here .
What is I-Pass
I-Pass is the electronic toll collection system for payment of toll on Illinois toll roads and bridges. I-Pass, like E-ZPass on the east coast toll roads, is an electronic tag that you can install in your windshield to zoom through electronic toll gantries. You can use the I-Pass tag on toll roads that accept E-ZPass.
You can also learn about E-ZPass IL for Illinois from our explicit dedicated pages for E-ZPass.
Toll road and bridge agencies and other contacts
Follwoing agencies manage Illinois toll roads and bridges. For any questions about toll payment methods or your toll bill please get in touch with respective agency.
Calculate tolls for Illinois and other states in the US
Calculate routes, tolls and fuel costs for your travel by car, truck, taxi, bus, caravans (with or without a trailer) in Illinois and other states of the US using TollGuru Trip Calculator. It also shows the cheapest, fastest and other optimal routes to your destination along with toll plaza(s) location en route, payment methods and more.
Rideshare, OEM, TMS, fleet companies and other transport businesses can leverage toll intelligence by integrating with the TollGuru Toll API for pre-trip calculation and post-trip reconciliation.
- Illinois Tollway
- Jane Addams Memorial Tollway
- Tri-State Tollway
- Ronald Reagan Memorial Tollway
- Veterans Memorial Tollway (I-355)
- Elgin-O’Hare Tollway (IL 390)
- Chicago Skyway Toll Bridge
- The Fort Madison Toll Bridge
- Wabash Cannon Ball Bridge
- Illinois Tollway Website
- llinois State toll highway authotiry website
- Skyway Concession Company website
- E-ZPass Group website